- To emerge out as a center of excellence in the discipline of food science and technology.
- To develop global competitive skill and expertise enriched human resource admissible to public, private, corporate and public- private partnership sectors.
- Strengthening knowledge to maintain quality assurance in an increasingly sophisticated food processing industry.
- To train students in food research through involvement of previous project, presentation and seminars.
- To produce future specialists who can work in different organization, industries and research institutes.
- To provide the industrial knowledge during the internship (On the Job Training-OJT for 45 days) in different organizations.